Additional information for Sony TVs:
If you’re not hearing the audio, or the audio is low when used with a home theater system, do the following:
- Press the ACTION MENU button, then select Speakers — Audio system.
- Set Headphone/Audio out to Audio out (Fixed) in the Sound settings.
- If the audio system is not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS, set Settings — Sound — Digital audio out to PCM.
- Depending on your model, if Speakers is set to TV speakers and Hi−Res upscaling (DSEE HX) is set to Auto, DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) is muted.
- Set Digital audio out the volume to Max in the Sound settings.
When using HDMI input with Super Audio CD or DVD-Audio, DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) may not provide an audio signal.