How do I connect to HYPERBOOM?
There are four ways to connect four different sources or devices to your HYPERBOOM:
- Two Bluetooth channels. , and (ex. mobile phone, laptop, tablet)
- One Optical Input (ex. TV or game box such as PS3 or Xbox)
- One Auxiliary Input (ex. tablet, some mobile phones, or anything with a 3.5mm out connection)
Out of the box (first time only), your HYPERBOOM is ready to pair with your first Bluetooth device.
Follow these steps:
- Turn the speaker on by pressing the power button on the top of the speaker. The power indicator will glow white, the Bluetooth 1 button will blink white rapidly, and you will hear a welcome message and tone indicating the speaker is ready to pair.
- On your Bluetooth device, go to the Bluetooth menu and look for HYPERBOOM in the list of devices (make sure Bluetooth is enabled).
- Select HYPERBOOM from the list of devices.
- Once paired and connected, you’ll hear an audible confirmation from the speaker. This means your HYPERBOOM is ready to use.
Connecting new or additional Bluetooth devices
To pair additional Bluetooth devices to either the Bluetooth 1 or Bluetooth 2 channels follow these steps:
- Turn the speaker on.
- Hold down the Bluetooth 1 or Bluetooth 2 button on the top of the speaker until you hear a tone and the associated white LED begins to blink.
- On your Bluetooth device, go to the Bluetooth menu and under devices look for HYPERBOOM (make sure Bluetooth is enabled).
- Select the HYPERBOOM in the list of devices.
- Once paired and connected, you’ll hear an audible confirmation from the speaker. Your speaker is now ready to use with the device you added.
- You can have two Bluetooth sources connected to HYPERBOOM at the same time. You do not have to re-pair each time, just switch between the sources on the speaker.
- As long as you don’t disconnect from your Bluetooth device, your HYPERBOOM will automatically reconnect to that channel.
- HYPERBOOM will remember the last eight Bluetooth devices it connected with.
- Using the same Spotify account on both Bluetooth sources (BT1 and BT2) is not supported and can cause issues with music playback( play/pause/skip).
For optical and auxiliary sources:
Optical and auxiliary cable inputs are located under the weather door on the back of HYPERBOOM.
The optical input is indicated with a . The auxiliary input is indicated with a . These are marked on the multi-source button as well as the inputs under the weather door. Lift the weather door, plug in the cable(s) into HYPERBOOM and then connect to the source (TV or game box).
*See troubleshooting and set up questions below for TV and game boxes.
SEE OPTICAL CONNECTIONS BELOW FOR MORE DETAILED TROUBLESHOOTING.
Note: Optical and auxiliary cables are not included with HYPERBOOM and are sold separately.