Unable to pair or set up speaker on Android
If you pair your speaker from your phone’s Bluetooth settings before setting up your speaker with the BLAST & MEGABLAST by Ultimate Ears app, you may not be able to complete the setup successfully. Try the steps below then try the setup again.
- Go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings and in the Paired Devices list, unpair the speaker. The steps for doing this may differ depending on your device.
For example, Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > Tap the gear icon > tap Forget device.
- Turn Bluetooth on your phone OFF and then ON briefly.
- Turn the speaker ON and then press and hold the power button (the large one on top) and the volume down button (on the front of the speaker) at the same time for 10 seconds
- Once you hear the speaker make a clapping sound, it’s successfully cleared its local cache and will then shut down
- Delete the app and then download and reinstall a fresh version from the Play store.
- Turn the speaker back ON.
- DON’T pair to Bluetooth — instead, launch the app and go through the setup steps as instructed in the app. The app will prompt you to pair during the setup process.
- Make sure you have access to a Wi-Fi network so you can update the firmware on the speaker.