For the speaker fabric, the material is delicate and easy to damage. If the material has dust or stain, we suggest gently using a soft brush or soft cotton towel to rinse it off with fresh water and dry it completely with a soft cotton towel to avoid the water marks on it. Don’t scrub too hard with brushes to clean the speakers, as these can cause damage.
Regarding top/bottom caps and spine, we recommend using a moist cotton towel to wipe and clear the surface most of the time. For the tough stain, you could clean it with a soft cotton towel with 75% ethyl alcohol. Ethyl alcohol is a mild solvent that won’t harm plastic, please do not use hand soap and other cleaners because they may contain surfactant that could cause the marks on the surface of caps and spine.
Taking proper care of your HYPERBOOM will help ensure good-looking and long-lasting performance.
If you experience issues that the HYPERBOOM volume level sounds low on Android, please go to the Settings app > Sounds and vibration > Volume and adjust the System and Media volume sliders.
Where we have an online store on ultimateears.com you can buy the HYPERBOOM power adapter. If your country does not have it available, please contact our customer support team.
Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 1.5A
Output:19.5V – 4.74A
Press and hold the Power Button and Play / Pause Button together for 5 seconds, listen for the FACTORY RESET sonification (da-da…da-da – bongo), the speaker will turn off, wait 5 seconds, then Press Power Button. Welcome sonification (Hi there… please download the ULTIMATE EARS BOOM app… “ sonification will play again at first power up if the FACTORY RESET is done correctly.
You can check in the HYPERBOOM with your baggage. If you are in doubt, please reach out to your airline carrier to confirm their policies in regards to the products with batteries.
Note: The weight of HYPERBOOM is 13 lbs (5.9 kg)
Update using the app
Your ULTIMATE EARS speaker gets better all the time through regular, over-the-air updates. These updates are quick and easy and can be wirelessly downloaded through your ULTIMATE EARS speaker app. To get started, connect your ULTIMATE EARS speaker to your smart device, open the app for your ULTIMATE EARS speaker, and tap on “More” to see if there are updates available. If there are, just tap to begin the update and the app will take care of the rest.
Update without the app
While it is quickest and easiest to update over-the-air with the app for your ULTIMATE EARS speaker, if you can’t update using the app or you simply prefer to use an old-school desktop updater, we’ve still got you covered. Click on the Mac or Windows download link below to download the update utility.
After you download the app, run it and follow the on-screen instructions. You’ll need to connect your ULTIMATE EARS HYPERBOOM to your computer to complete the update.
REQUIREMENTS: This update supports Windows 10 and above. Mac OS X (10.12.x) and above.
Press the power button on the top left side of the speaker. The LED will glow solid white.
- Plug the provided AC cable into the AC power supply.
- Plug the end of the AC power supply into the HYPERBOOM power port.
- Plug the other end of the AC cable into a wall power outlet.
If you connect the AC charger to the speaker too soon after a power off for critical battery, the charger won’t be recognized. Disconnect the AC charger from the speaker and wait about five seconds before you reconnect it.
Try the following:
Make sure your speaker is turned on.
Make sure Bluetooth on your device is turned on and active in the settings.
Turn off Bluetooth in Settings, and then turn it on again.
To clear the Bluetooth channel on HYPERBOOM and put it into pairing mode, press and hold the Bluetooth 1 or Bluetooth 2 buttons until they start to blink. Connect to HYPERBOOM on your Bluetooth device following the steps in Connecting new or additional devices via Bluetooth.
Place your Bluetooth device closer to the speaker — it might be out of range.
Move your Bluetooth device and speaker away from other wireless sources — you could be experiencing interference.
Turn your speaker off, and then back on again.
If you have multiple speakers, make sure you’re connected to the correct one.
If you see the speaker in your Bluetooth list of MY DEVICES, but it’s still not connected, try “Forget This Device” and then start the pairing process again.
NOTE: You cannot connect the same source to HYPERBOOM using both Bluetooth AND Aux-In. In this case, your music using Bluetooth will not stream, since Aux In is also plugged into the same source. Either unplug the Aux In to stream Bluetooth, or disconnect from the Bluetooth channel from the source to play via Aux on the music source device.
The Ultimate Ears BOOM app has everything you need to get the most out of your Ultimate Ears speaker. From #PartyUp to customizable EQ, unlock even more awesome ways to use your speakers.
- One App: Use one app to access speaker features for all BOOM and MEGABOOM speakers. Works with BOOM, BOOM 2, BOOM 3, MEGABOOM and MEGABOOM 3, and HYPERBOOM.
- Customize the Name of your Speaker: Have fun with it and make it easier to find in your device list.
- Remote On/Off: You’d never walk all the way to your TV to turn it on and you shouldn’t have to with your wireless speaker either. Use the app to turn your speaker on/off from afar.
- One Touch To Your Playlists: Follow the on-screen instructions to select your playlist from Apple Music (iOS only) or Deezer premium (Android Only).
- Adaptive EQ control: (HYPERBOOM only). Turn On or Off this smart EQ feature that automatically adjusts HYPERBOOM’s sound signature for the best sound depending on its environment.
- EQ: You Control the Sound: Want to bump up the bass for your next party? Customize your beats in the app. You control the atmosphere with the recommended presets or customize the EQ to your listening preferences.
- PartyUp: Pair up to 150 speakers for the ultimate sound experience. You can pair any BOOM or MEGABOOM together. To pair your speakers together, every speaker must be updated with the latest speaker Firmware (check the app to ensure your speaker has the latest firmware).
- Alarms: Don’t be late again. Choose your favorite music to wake up to.
- Speaker Updates: When new software is available for your speaker, a simple tap in the app updates your speaker with the latest features in no time. Your speaker keeps getting better with the in-app updates.
The Play / Pause button has two features:
- Standard music controls
- One Touch To Your Playlist
Standard music controls:
You can use the Play / Pause button to pause, play, or skip tracks for music you’re currently playing from any music provider*:
- Pause: Single-press the Play / Pause Button to pause music that is currently playing
- Play (Resume): Single-press the Play / Pause Button to resume music that you paused
- Skip song/track: Double-press the Play / Pause Button to skip to the next track of the current playlist
One Touch To Your Playlist:
You can also use the Play / Pause button to directly access your playlists from select streaming music providers. To use this feature, you must configure it in the Ultimate Ears BOOM app. Download the app here.
Once you have the app downloaded on your mobile device, you’ll see a prompt on the first screen to Get Started with One Touch To Your Playlist. The setup will allow you to choose playlists to directly access from the Play / Pause Button of your speaker. Read the tutorial and follow the on-screen instructions to select your playlist from Apple Music (iOS only) or Deezer premium (Android Only). There is no limit to the number of playlists you can select:
- Once setup is complete, you are now ready to access your selected playlists — hold for three seconds — the Play / Pause Button to play the next playlist you selected.
- To Play (first playlist): Long press — hold for three seconds — the Play / Pause Button to start playing the first playlist you selected.
- To Skip (to next playlist): Long press Apple Music (iOS only) or Deezer premium (Android Only).
* If the last playlist is playing, then the first playlist you selected will begin to play when you long-press the Play / Pause Button. Pause/Play/Skip songs in any of your playlist is the same as described above.
NOTE: To access your playlist from the Play / Pause Button of your speaker, please make sure that you’ve successfully completed the setup of your playlists and that the app remains running and has access to the internet.
- Check the Bluetooth settings on your source device. Try forgetting the speaker in the device list and then reconnect to it using Bluetooth.
- Close the app and then reopen it.
- Delete the app, and re-install it on your source device.
This is the microphone used by the Adaptive EQ feature on HYPERBOOM. Do not cover the hole and make sure no foreign material gets inside it.
NOTE: It is water-resistant.
Adaptive EQ uses a microphone to listen to the acoustics of a given environment and changes HYPERBOOM’s EQ to make sure that it sounds the very best for the environment. You can turn it off in the Ultimate Ears BOOM app. You can also use HYPERBOOM’s 5 band equalizer in the app to custom tune and save your own sound signature.
Adaptive EQ is not available in PartyUp mode.
Tap the +/- volume control buttons simultaneously and listen for the speaker to tell you the current battery level.
HYPERBOOM should last an average of 24 hours* of nominal music playtime. Playing at maximum volume should be in the range of three-plus hours.
*HYPERBOOM’s playtime is an estimate based on an average nominal volume level of approx 50%. (measured 75dBC @ 1 meter) Actual playtime will vary depending on the volume level, type of music played, the charge level of the battery, age of battery, and ambient temperature. Playing HYPERBOOM in PartyUp mode (connected to other Ultimate Ears speakers) can also reduce battery life.
You can use the USB A port under the weather door on the rear of the speaker to charge your mobile device.
If you’re not hearing the audio, or the audio is low when used with a home theater system, do the following:
- Press the ACTION MENU button, then select Speakers — Audio system.
- Set Headphone/Audio out to Audio out (Fixed) in the Sound settings.
- If the audio system is not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS, set Settings — Sound — Digital audio out to PCM.
- Depending on your model, if Speakers is set to TV speakers and Hi−Res upscaling (DSEE HX) is set to Auto, DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) is muted.
- Set Digital audio out the volume to Max in the Sound settings.
When using HDMI input with Super Audio CD or DVD-Audio, DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) may not provide an audio signal.
You can’t stream music using the USB ports on your HYPERBOOM. Neither of the two USB ports are audio capable.
- The micro USB port is used for “service only”.
- The USB A port is Charge OUT only and is used to charge external devices.
|Solid white||The device is powered on.|
|Blinking white||When volume controls are touched, indicates a volume adjustment.|
|Solid red||Low battery — less than 20% left.|
|Blinking red||Critical battery level — less than 8% left.|
|LED Location||LED State||Definition|
|Bluetooth (BT) 1 or 2||Solid white||Source has been selected on the speaker. Only one source can be selected at a time.|
|Bluetooth (BT) 1 or 2||Blinking white||The source is in pairing mode and the speaker is ready to be paired.|
|Optical or Aux||Solid white||Source has been selected on the speaker. Only one source can be selected at a time.|
|Solid white||Speaker is fully charged.|
|Blinking white||Speaker is plugged in and charging from an AC power source using the provided AC power supply.|
PartyUp allows you to connect or group multiple Ultimate Ears speakers together. To join the party, you’ll first need to get the Ultimate Ears BOOM app and the latest firmware for your speakers. Check the iOS App Store or the Android Play Store for the latest app update. Once you have the latest app, you can update your speaker firmware through the app via over-the-air (OTA). Just follow the steps in the app.
You should also make sure that all the speakers that you would like to join the party are up-to-date with the latest firmware.
NOTE: If the guest speaker is not set as a public speaker (via the app), you will see a message with an extra step before that speaker can join the party. The owner of the speaker will need to press the Bluetooth button twice on their speaker.
Only Ultimate Ears Bluetooth speakers can pair with each other. These include:
BOOM, BOOM2, BOOM3, MEGABOOM, MEGABOOM3, HYPERBOOM.
ULTIMATE EARS speakers NOT included are: ROLL, ROLL2, WONDERBOOM, AND WONDERBOOM2.
*Please make sure you have upgraded to the latest firmware on all of the speakers using the Ultimate Ears BOOM app before you PartyUP with them.
Your HYPERBOOM is not waterproof. However, it is water-resistant and rated at iPX4, meaning it will withstand splashes and spills of water.
NOTE: HYPERBOOM’s weather door MUST BE closed and sealed to be water-resistant.
HYPERBOOM is NOT iPX4 rated when it is plugged in / charging and it cannot be submerged in water. Only charge HYPERBOOM when it’s clean and dry.
Always rinse, wipe, and dry your speaker off with fresh water after using it around a swimming pool or saltwater. While the speaker is water-resistant, the chemicals and salt in your pool or ocean can damage the waterproof seals over time if not rinsed off after use.
Follow the steps below.
- Unplug power from the speaker and any USB cables first.
- Press and hold down the power button for ten seconds.
- Wait five seconds after the speaker turns off and then press the power button to restart the speaker.
Bluetooth today is not the preferred method for connecting a TV or game console due to reconnection pairing requirements and audio video latency issues. We recommend using an alternative connection such as optical. Depending on the TV, some manufacturers require a manual reconnection of Bluetooth devices each time the TV or HYPERBOOM is turned off. Verify the TV and the speaker are powered on and then switch the speaker to a Bluetooth source (BT1/BT2). Then, reconnect the TV to the speaker in your TV settings.
Try these suggestions:
- Move the audio source closer — it might be out of the range of your speaker.
- Move away from other sources of wireless signal (microwave, routers, cordless phones, etc.) — you could be experiencing interference.
- Make sure your speaker has enough battery power (connect it to a power source with the supplied adapter).
- Adjust the volume on both the audio source and your speaker.
- Restart both your speaker and the audio source.
- Re-pair your device with your speaker.
You cannot connect the same source to HYPERBOOM using both Bluetooth AND Aux In. In this case, your music using Bluetooth will not stream since Aux In is also plugged into the same source. Either unplug the Aux In to stream Bluetooth, or disconnect from the Bluetooth channel from the source to play via Aux on the music source device.
No. HYPERBOOM cannot take calls.
No. HYPERBOOM does not have NFC capability.
HYPERBOOM was not designed to be a subwoofer. It is an all-in-one, stand-alone, superior-sounding Bluetooth speaker. There is no specific subwoofer crossover designed for HYPERBOOM.
No. HYPERBOOM ships with a power supply and a cable with a barrel connector that is specifically designed for it. It is not recommended to use anything other than the Ultimate Ears Charger that comes with HYPERBOOM.
No. There is no Voice Assistant in HYPERBOOM. You can easily connect a third-party voice assistant speaker to HYPERBOOM via either Bluetooth or Auxiliary In to make HYPERBOOM a smart speaker.
No. HYPERBOOM does not support this feature.
HYPERBOOM does not support Chrome OS specifically. Some Chrome OS sources may work, but not all.
On your phone, check to see if there are any other music streaming apps that are open in the background. Make sure all music streaming apps are closed. Then, launch the YouTube app again.
Most TVs won’t automatically connect to Bluetooth speakers after a power cycle. If you are using a Bluetooth connection, you’ll need to open the Bluetooth menu on the TV and manually reconnect the speaker.
Some TVs are not compatible with the HYPERBOOM speaker. An optical cable is always the preferred method to connect your HYPERBOOM to a TV. Optical connection offers the lowest latency to minimize lip-sync problems. When an optical connection is not available, use the TV line out/headphone output jack instead and connect it to the Aux input on HYPERBOOM. Aux offers significantly lower latency than Bluetooth and would be preferred to Bluetooth connection.
- Using a 3.5 mm cable, plug into the Aux In port on HYPERBOOM and to the Aux Out port on your TV or game console
- Select the AUX In source on HYPERBOOM
Examples of how to reduce Aux volume on selected TVs:
Settings → Sound → Headphone/Audio out → Audio out (Variable): lower the volume
Make sure the speaker is connected to the headphones output on the TV. Lower the volume on the TV set
Menu → Audio → Analog Audio Out → Variable
Menu → System Options → Audio Setup → Output Select → Variable
Make sure the speaker is connected to the headphones output on the TV. Lower the volume on the TV set
See OPTICAL IN FAQ below.
There is an inherent latency between audio and video when you use Bluetooth. The Bluetooth protocol was not designed to support video and audio perfectly together. To solve this problem, try an optical or auxiliary connection between your video source device and HYPERBOOM.
Make sure your AUX cable is fully plugged into both HYPERBOOM and the source device. Adjust the volume independently on HYPERBOOM and the source device.
Only the following sample rates are supported:
If there is no audio from HYPERBOOM after you connect it to your TV or game console using Optical-In, switch the digital output format on your source device (ex. TV) from Bitstream to PCM.
HYPERBOOM doesn’t support encoded audio formats such as Dolby Digital/DTS over optical input.
If you hear an echo from HYPERBOOM after you connected to your TV or game console using optical input, mute the TV speakers to eliminate the echo.
To connect using the optical port, you’ll need to use an optical audio cable, which is sold separately.
- Plug the cable into the optical port on HYPERBOOM and connect it to the optical out port on your TV or game console.
- Select the optical source on HYPERBOOM.
The following examples show you how to switch optical (Toslink) output from Bitstream to PCM on some common TVs and gaming consoles:
Settings → Sound → Sound Out → Optical /HDMI ARC → Digital Sound Out → PCM (the default setting is Auto)
Settings → Sound → Sound Output → Audio Out/Optical
Settings → Sound → Expert Settings → Digital Output Audio Format → PCM
NOTE: For some models, the user manual doesn’t provide information on how to switch optical output from Bitstream to PCM (the manual for 2017 and 2018 models does not.)
Settings → Sound → Digital audio out → PCM
Settings → Audio → S/PDIF and ARC → PCM-Stereo
Menu → Audio → Digital Audio Out → PCM
Menu → System Options → Audio Setup → PCM
Home menu → Settings → Display & Sounds → Audio Output → Digital Audio Format → PCM
Should work with the default setting (Linear PCM).
Select (Settings) > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Primary Output Port > DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL).
Select (Settings) > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Audio Format (Priority). The default setting is Linear PCM.
System > Settings > Display & sound > Audio output:
Optical Audio → Stereo uncompressed
There are four ways to connect four different sources or devices to your HYPERBOOM:
- Two Bluetooth channels. , and (ex. mobile phone, laptop, tablet)
- One Optical Input (ex. TV or game box such as PS3 or Xbox)
- One Auxiliary Input (ex. tablet, some mobile phones, or anything with a 3.5mm out connection)
Out of the box (first time only), your HYPERBOOM is ready to pair with your first Bluetooth device.
Follow these steps:
- Turn the speaker on by pressing the power button on the top of the speaker. The power indicator will glow white, the Bluetooth 1 button will blink white rapidly, and you will hear a welcome message and tone indicating the speaker is ready to pair.
- On your Bluetooth device, go to the Bluetooth menu and look for HYPERBOOM in the list of devices (make sure Bluetooth is enabled).
- Select HYPERBOOM from the list of devices.
- Once paired and connected, you’ll hear an audible confirmation from the speaker. This means your HYPERBOOM is ready to use.
Connecting new or additional Bluetooth devices
To pair additional Bluetooth devices to either the Bluetooth 1 or Bluetooth 2 channels follow these steps:
- Turn the speaker on.
- Hold down the Bluetooth 1 or Bluetooth 2 button on the top of the speaker until you hear a tone and the associated white LED begins to blink.
- On your Bluetooth device, go to the Bluetooth menu and under devices look for HYPERBOOM (make sure Bluetooth is enabled).
- Select the HYPERBOOM in the list of devices.
- Once paired and connected, you’ll hear an audible confirmation from the speaker. Your speaker is now ready to use with the device you added.
- You can have two Bluetooth sources connected to HYPERBOOM at the same time. You do not have to re-pair each time, just switch between the sources on the speaker.
- As long as you don’t disconnect from your Bluetooth device, your HYPERBOOM will automatically reconnect to that channel.
- HYPERBOOM will remember the last eight Bluetooth devices it connected with.
- Using the same Spotify account on both Bluetooth sources (BT1 and BT2) is not supported and can cause issues with music playback( play/pause/skip).
For optical and auxiliary sources:
Optical and auxiliary cable inputs are located under the weather door on the back of HYPERBOOM.
The optical input is indicated with a . The auxiliary input is indicated with a . These are marked on the multi-source button as well as the inputs under the weather door. Lift the weather door, plug in the cable(s) into HYPERBOOM and then connect to the source (TV or game box).
*See troubleshooting and set up questions below for TV and game boxes.
SEE OPTICAL CONNECTIONS BELOW FOR MORE DETAILED TROUBLESHOOTING.
Note: Optical and auxiliary cables are not included with HYPERBOOM and are sold separately.
To set up the app for your speakers:
- Connect your speaker to your smartphone, tablet, or any other device using Bluetooth. For help, see Connecting your speaker to your device.
- Download the BOOM app from the Google Play store or the App Store.
- Open the app once it’s installed. You’ll see a screen with your speaker name, speaker image, the features available for your speaker, and access to speaker settings. You are now ready to use the app to take advantage of all the features of your speaker.