Check out the steps below if you would like to disable Amazon Alexa. If you were previously using Google Assistant, this feature will be available after disabling Amazon Alexa).
- Open the BOOM app.
- Go to Settings by tapping the Menu icon on the top left (three horizontal lines).
- Tap Amazon Alexa.
- Tap Sign Out.
Once you have the latest version of the BOOM 2 or MEGABOOM app and have updated your speaker, opening the app will walk you through how to activate the feature. If you’ve skipped this and are coming back to try the feature, try the steps below.
*Not Supported: TuneIn. In addition, Pandora and iHeartRadio do not support the ability to go back to the previous song or restart a song.
**Not Supported: TuneIn, iHeartradio, Pandora, Spotify Premium and Amazon Stations
- In the app, go to Settings
- Find the Amazon Alexa feature and tap to activate it, you will have to enter your Amazon account information. Note: If you’ve previously used Google Assistant, activating the Alexa Voice Service will disable this feature, but you can go back to Google Assitant by signing out of Amazon Alexa.
- To use Alexa, just Tap and Ask (short press the Bluetooth button on your speaker) -- You can use Alexa to listen to music from Amazon Music, iHeartRadio and TuneIn as well as get web search results such as sports scores, weather, reports, jokes and Flash Briefings.
|To do this...||After tapping the BT button, Say “Alexa,…”|
|Adjust the volume||Volume up / down Set the volume to level [number]|
|Hear details about the song currently playing||What is this? Who is this? What song is this? Who is this artist?|
|Stop the song currently playing||Stop Pause|
|Play songs or tracks||Play Resume|
|Go to the next or previous song*||Next Previous|
|Loop the music queue**||Loop|
|Shuffle songs**||Shuffle Stop Shuffle|
What you need to use Amazon Alexa with your Ultimate Ears speaker:
- BOOM 2 and MEGABOOM (it will not work with any other Ultimate Ears speaker or a special edition BOOM 2 or MEGABOOM such as BOOM 2 All Blacks, BOOM 2 Skrillex or MEGABOOM Shockwave)
- Android phones with Android 5.0 or higher (it will not work with Google Pixel or any Bixby enabled Samsung device)
- The latest version of the BOOM 2 or MEGABOOM app that supports Alexa Voice Service
- You must also Opt-in to use the feature and have an Amazon Alexa account
Amazon Alexa is currently available in US, UK and Germany only for your Android device. It is available for BOOM 2 and MEGABOOM.
You can use the Amazon Alexa tap-to-talk feature, available for Android only, on your BOOM 2 and MEGABOOM.
You may experience this issue if you haven’t installed the ULTIMATE EARS BOOM App or ULTIMATE EARS MEGABOOM App for your speaker, or if you haven’t launched the App yet. If you haven’t downloaded the ULTIMATE EARS speaker app for your speaker, make sure you download it from the Google Play Store, install it and launch it.
Check to see that you have Siri enabled.
- Open the Settings app in iOS and go to General.
- Tap Siri and make sure the toggle switch next to Siri is set to On.
You can use voice commands with the music services that Google Now or Siri support. Check Google Now or Siri for more information on their supported music services. Music Services that are supported when using Siri and Google Now voice integration on ULTIMATE EARS’s speakers. iOS
- Apple Music
- Local Music
- Google Play Music
- Local Music
Voice integration takes advantage of existing voice command apps, Siri and Google Now. Language support is fully dependant on languages these apps support. Apple link: https://support.apple.com/HT204389 Google link: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2940021
To use your ULTIMATE EARS speakers with Siri and Google voice integration, first make sure that your ULTIMATE EARS speaker is running the latest software. See the FAQ on how to update the software for your ULTIMATE EARS speaker for help. Once you have the latest software: On iOS:
- To activate voice commands, press the Bluetooth button on your speaker once. You should hear a tone and the Bluetooth button will blink on and off, indicating that Siri is listening.
- Say a command such as, “Play Indie music” or Play R&B music”.
- Make sure the App is running in the background.
- To activate voice commands, quickly press the Bluetooth button once. You should hear a tone and the Bluetooth button will blink on and off, indicating that Google Now is listening.
- Say a command such as, “Play Electronic music” or “Play Pop music”.
Currently, ULTIMATE EARS BOOM 2 and ULTIMATE EARS MEGABOOM support voice integration with Google Now or Siri.