Speaker stops responding after an Alexa request
If the speaker doesn’t respond after you make an Alexa request, try the following:
- Try restarting your speaker:
- Press the Power button on top of the speaker (large hash button) to turn the speaker off, then back on again.
- Try a Factory Reset. See Perform a Factory Reset for more information.
Alexa does not respond
If Alexa doesn’t respond to her wake word, try the following:
- Make sure you speak clearly and try moving closer to the speaker.
- Try turning up the volume — Alexa might be responding but at low volume.
- Try turning down the volume — Alexa might be responding but at low volume.
- Try turning the speaker so the volume buttons face away from you — this places the listening microphone at a better position to hear you.
- If your speaker is upside-down or on its side, try placing it right-side up with the volume buttons facing away from you — this places the listening microphone at a better position to hear you.
- If your speaker is in the middle of a large or empty room, try placing the speaker closer to a wall — walls help redirect your voice towards the listening microphone.
Can I listen to Bluetooth and also have the Alexa microphone muted?
Yes, you can mute the microphones or enable Alexa privacy mode while you listen to music over the Bluetooth connection.
There are a couple of ways to enable Alexa Privacy mode:
Mute from within the Ultimate Ears app
- Open the Ultimate Ears app.
- On the homepage, Tap the microphone icon.
- Tap “OFF” to disable the microphones. You will hear a tone indicating the microphones have been muted and a small red light will appear on the top of the speaker.
- Tap “ON” to re-enable the microphones.